Weather, provided by theyr.com’s Pro2 Service
QUICK START – for the new free Pro2 precision weather forecaster:
1 – Click “Play” to get a six-day wind forecast for the default area
2 – Change the forecast area by using the pan and zoom functions on the left of the interface
3 – “Display Mode”: Choose single or group mode, to get one forecast type or multiple forecast types
4 – “Forecasts”: Select forecast types here: Wind, Pressure, Precipitation and Air Temperature
5 – Click “Play” to get your chosen forecast – click “Stop” before making a new selection.
6 – Click the meteogram icon, then double-click anywhere on the map for a precise graphical forecast
TransEurope Marinas choose to partner with theyr because their service:
- Is easy to understand and simple to use
- Offers six day forecasts in 3 or 6 hour time steps
- Allows you to animate the data – so you can watch weather systems develop
- Displays precise meteograms (forecasts in graph form) when you click on any location
- Shows global and local views
Exceptionally accurate weather and ocean forecast data from theyr.com.
theyr also produce high- resolution data for their subscribers. The higher the resolution the data, the greater the accuracy of the forecast. theyr’s proven accuracy (their wind forecasts have a market-leading mean absolute error) is just one of the reasons that the Royal Ocean Racing Club use theyr forecast data to set the course for the Fastnet and other high-profile races. theyr’s enhanced services for subscribers offer:
- Full-screen mode
- High resolution NMM data from 0.01 (~1km) to 0.1 (~10km) degree
- The facility to email or download forecast as GRIB data
- High resolution wind/wave data from 0.04 to 0.1 degree
- High resolution tidal stream data, 1.8km or 12km
- Global wave data, 0.5 or 1 degree
- 1, 3 or 6 hourly time steps
Subscribing to a theyr high resolution package could help you:
- Avoid wasted trips to the coast
- Steer clear of unnecessary danger or discomfort
- Take full advantage of weather windows that you may otherwise miss
- Gain a real racing advantage!
theyr subscription plans provide marine enthusiasts and professionals alike with accurate, easy to understand, uniquely visualised data from just £6.75 a month. Click here to find out more.
As well as the Pro2 service, theyr also deliver their forecasts via:
- Pro – the original precision weather planner. A web-based forecast service, providing theyr’s own WRF/NMM 10km high-resolution data at just £6.25 per month. View hour-by-hour forecasts on clear easy-to-read maps.
Click here for more information about Pro
- GRIBview – This free GRIB software provides free Global Forecast System (GFS) data, and all the highresolution data subscription options available in Pro2 from ~1km to ~10km, plus additional functions to view the forecast offline and export the GRIB data to third party navigation software.
Click here for more information about GRIBview
“TransEurope Marinas are delighted to host theyr’s weather forecast service on this new website. The Pro2 high-resolution interface is a fantastic tool for those looking to make optimum use of their sailing time, who need accurate and easy-to-use predictions. It fits perfectly with our objective to make cruising more easily accessible for our berth holders.”
Melanie Symes, Chair – TransEurope Marinas
“We were delighted to include theyr’s weather planner on YBW.com. The accurate and clear forecasts help our users to make the most of their time onboard.”
Natalie Davies, Editor – YBW.COM (Yachting & Boating World)
“When RORC are asked by race competitors or others for weather information, we direct them to the theyr website, because it has accurate and accessible weather forecast data that we use ourselves.”
Nick Elliott, Deputy Racing Mgr – Royal Ocean Racing Club