ICOMIA World Marinas Conference taking place in Algarve, Portugal on the 9 -11 October, will bring together leading marina and club operators, owners, and vendors along with related government agency representatives to discuss some of the big issues and opportunities through presentations and interactive sessions.
Under the theme of “Big Challenges, Big Opportunities, Big Decisions” the opening keynote will be delivered by Bill Yeargin, CEO at Correct Craft. Correct Craft is one of the marine industry’s largest companies with numerous brands and distribution into nearly seventy countries. Bill will share his view of the industry and how we can prepare for future success.
Moderated by Shirley Robinson, British Sailor and Double Olympic Gold Medallist, the programme will focus on topics such as:
- Developing sustainable solutions for the future (weather changes, sea level rise, invasive species, water shortage, natural sanctuaries, energy, marine protected areas)
- Marina fast forward (future of technology, equipment, marina services and consumer behaviour)
- Operational challenges and mitigations (risk of fire, pandemic, environmental disasters, maintenance, staff shortage, siltation)
- Finding your niche in the marina world
- Smart marinas initiatives
- Advanced communication, marketing for marinas, changing consumer trends
- Alternative ways of financing marinas
During the second day of the conference, attendees will take part in a marina tour around some of the most prestigious marinas in the Algarve region – Marina Vilamoura, Albufeira and Lagos Marinas followed by a Gala Dinner and World Marina Awards ceremony.
ICOMIA World Marinas Conference 2023 presents an unmissable opportunity to network with leading industry professionals, as well as provide actionable intelligence on the most pressing topics in the marina sector.
Register your place at www.worldmarinasconference.